Find out what the latest is at PPLI, what are we involved in, what are we up to, what are we doing, what you can do for us!
Want Updates for just this blog? Simply enter your email address:
The Student PDF has links to activities such as true or false, fill in the blanks, matching, etc. as well as links to recording activities and audio links.
This PDF inlcudes links to all the activities provided in the Student PDF as well a link to a teacher manual that provides all the answers to the activities.
|Student PDF Volume 1|
Normally €17 currently discounted to €15
|Student PDF Volume 2|
Normally €19 currently discounted to €16
|Teacher PDF - Volume 1 & 2||
|Links to the full teacher guide|
|Links to online activity e.g. true or false, fill in the blanks, matching etc.|
|Links to online voice recording activity|
|Links to online audio clip|
New series of seven video clips for post-primary students, their parents, and school managers, on the importance of foreign language skills. Each of the video clips has a sub-title and there are: 'Languages for Jobs', 'Languages for Science', 'Languages for the Workplace', 'Languages for Sport', 'Languages for the Arts', 'Languages for Education and Research', and 'Languages for Google'. The videos do not focus on an language in particular but rather on the general value of learning any foreign language. Serious talking heads, scientists, a concert pianist, Trappatoni's interpreter, and trendy young Irish people in the workplace who not only use foreign languages on a daily basis but have got to where they are because of their foreign language skills, all make a strong case for learning foreign languages. We hope that these videos will inspire and encourage more uptake of foreign languages, without which Ireland cannot compete in the global marketplace.
Click here to view
This pilot course due to commence in October is a collaboration between the NCTE, the PDST, and the PPLI. It explores how using ICT can enhance teaching and learning in the MFL classroom, and provides tips and suggestions for ways to do this.
• is aimed at all teachers, whether or not they are familiar with using computers in the classroom
• offers a variety of activities for teachers with computers in their classrooms or teachers working in computer rooms.
• provides hands-on, practical ideas for use in the classroom
• gives clear, easy-to-follow examples of tasks for use in the MFL classroom.
• provides tasks which reflect the current assessment tasks in the State Examinations
• uses examples of tasks and activities for a variety of modern foreign languages
• provides suggestions for ways of assessing students using ICT.
• encourages the use of ICT to create new resources
• recommends the use of the Internet to connect with Target Language (TL) users and communities
suggests ways of using ICT to create, share and collaborate on teaching and learning resources.
Technologies covered are:
Wordprocessing; Digital Presentations; Online Resources; Digital Cameras and Audio Recording; Digital Storytelling and Creating Online Resources.
To register your interest please fill out the form at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CPDinICT4MFLteachers