PPLI are seeking to recruit a panel of associates from around the country to support PPLI with implementation of a number of key actions in the foreign languages strategy. Associates should be registered second-level teachers and are sought to work in areas including the following but not limited to:
- Attend MFL communities of practice
- Train language assistants at a group and individual level, liaise with schools and monitor the implementation of the scheme, including working with cooperating teachers.
- Deliver training to classroom teachers on Content Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) and support the dissemination of related resources.
- Act as mentors for teachers of new languages in the regions
All associates will be expected to participate in CPD on the 24th June provided by PPLI relating to the above.
The appointment is for one calendar year and associates will have to re interview after each year.
Range of knowledge, experience and skills required:
The most important area of expertise required is in MFL pedagogy. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate in-depth and up-to-date knowledge and experience in this area. In addition to this the successful candidate will have expertise in the following areas:
- experience in supporting teachers
- thorough knowledge of the education system generally and an in-depth knowledge of the curriculum at post primary-level
- familiarity with Languages Connect Ireland’s Strategy for Foreign Languages in Education
- capacity to work independently and as part of a team
- excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- excellent organisational, management and ICT skills
- flexibility to meet the needs of PPLI, including a willingness to engage in travel and/or week-end and evening work as necessary.
- own means of transport with full and clean driving licence
The application form should be completed by 5pm on 7th June at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PPLIAssociates
Shortlisting may apply and interviews will be held in mid-June.
A panel may be formed from which future vacancies as a PPLI Associate may be filled.
Notes for Applicants
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Receipt of completed application forms will be acknowledged.
- If you have a disability which requires reasonable adjustments at the selection interview, or which needs to be taken into account when considering your application, please let us know.
- Post-Primary Languages Initiative is an equal opportunities employer.
- Public service payment, travel and subsistence rates will apply and will be calculated from your home.