The Post-Primary Languages Initiative (PPLI) works to implement the policy of the Department of Education and Skills in Ireland of diversifying, enhancing and expanding the teaching of foreign languages in post-primary schools and has a lead role in implementing Languages Connect - Ireland’s Strategy for Foreign Languages in Education 2017-2026 and Implementation Plan 2017-2022 (links to the strategy documents are available here) and to the web portal for the awareness raising campaign here. The PPLI wishes to appoint a Marketing Development and Implementation Manager to support the implementation of this strategy. Further details about the PPLI and its work is available at www.languagesinitiative.ie.
The post is a full time position on a one year fixed-term contract, with potential to extend.
Information booklet with full details can be downloaded here
Closing date for application is 29th March. Application via irishjobs.ie. Click here to apply.
This exciting opportunity is for a generalist marketer with strong project management and communication skills to support the Post Primary Languages Initiative (PPLI). The ideal candidate will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders (both internally and externally) to execute PPLI’s marketing, brand and communication strategies at a national level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- digital strategy creation and execution (to include social media);
- project management;
- stakeholder engagement;
- development and execution of targeted marketing campaigns;
- vendor management;
- content creation;
- event management;
- market research; and
- the execution of marketing tactics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying the marketing needs of PPLI, prioritising project timelines, effectively communicating internally during each phase, scheduling post project follow-ups, reviewing market data and analytics and delegating and co-ordinating activities to other team members and / or third-party vendors where appropriate.
This role is for a confident and experienced marketer who can bring a hands-on, results driven approach to the role. They should be a team player who can work independently when required and who will assist PPLI in carrying out its brief which is to diversify, enhance and expand the teaching and learning of foreign languages in the post primary curriculum.
Expectations and Tasks:
- Work in tandem with PPLI’s Director to drive and execute the marketing and communications agenda in line with strategic business objectives
- Optimise the use of social media and other digital platforms to effectively communicate messages to target audiences
- Increase awareness across PPLI stakeholders of available resources
- Maintain a range of marketing collateral produced by the business
- Develop and implement measurable marketing campaigns aimed at changing the nation’s thinking in relation to the value of foreign languages learning and exchange programmes. This could include any of the following activities: external events, stakeholder co-marketing, advertising, promotional video, advertising, social media and content development.
- Develop messaging and creative content for presentations, newsletters, press releases, promotional materials and advertisements
- Collaborate with external vendors and track status of key projects (i.e. website development and updates, video creation, graphic design, printing, translations)
- Develop and maintain a robust social media content calendar that resonates with the target market and collaborate with the wider PPLI team to generate and update same
- Create and implement a stakeholder engagement plan that could include outreach to MFL teachers, school leaders, career guidance counsellors, 3rd level language professionals, and SME business leaders
- Ensure all working papers / reports created by PPLI are dissemination to the correct audiences maximising publicity where appropriate.
- Be a brand champion
Skills and Competencies:
- Strategically focused marketing and communications specialist with a strong understanding of marketing disciplines
- Possess a proactive and flexible approach to managing multiple projects within relevant timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Have a creative and innovative mind-set with strong communication skills (written and visual storytelling)
- Exhibit confident presentation skills, with an ability to coach, influence and gain commitment from stakeholders
- Possesses the ability to work as part of a team as well as to deliver projects independently
- Is enthused and self-motivated to provide strategic and tactical support to PPLI’s Director on many fronts
Applicants must have (on the latest date for receipt of completed applications):
- Marketing Degree or equivalent business experience - 8 plus years
- Experience in education and / or sector
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Effective interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work within the internal team
- Ability to manage and brief third-party vendors
- Creative, innovative and dynamic
- Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Competence in a foreign language
The above listed expectations and tasks are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities or duties required.