Japanese classes from 10.00-1.00 pm every Saturday in Dublin and Cork are for:
- Students who are interested in Japanese
- Students who are very serious about wanting to do Japanese as an extra subject for Leaving Certificate
- Students who are academically capable of taking on an extra subject and have the time to do Japanese homework and study in addition to their other studies
- Students who are willing to commit to attending class EVERY Saturday for three hours
- Students who are willing to complete the course which begins in September 2019 and finishes end of May 2021
- Applications are only open to students who are entering 5th year in September 2019, and sitting the Leaving Cert in June 2021
The application period for the 2019/2020 school year will begin in May 2019. Early registration is advisable as places are on a first come first served basis.
There are no charges for these classes which are being run by the Post-Primary Languages Initiative, a project of the Department of Education and Skills. Part of the remit of the Post-Primary Languages Initiative is to diversify the provision of foreign languages at post-primary level and to support all students in their learning of foreign languages.